Friday, March 8, 2013

This Modern Society Does Not Generate Peace





Hi Everyone ~


I think that we're all aware that this modern society of ours, mostly created by 'advances' in technology, is not exactly generating a peaceful environment for the children/teenagers of today.  The unfortunate thing about this is the kids of today have no memory of life prior to the craziness of today's world.   They are bombarded and bedazzled by the latest gadgets either advertised on TV or seeing their friends with the 'latest and best....'  
 
I live in an area where the High School is across the road from the Shopping Centre.  At 2.30pm the Centre is filled with teenagers with wires in their ears, heads down, not even taking care when they cross the busy road.  They also think it's fun to deliberately stop the flow of traffic by running in front of cars.  There is no true reality in each moment, it's all random actions and ears plugged to deafen the outside world.   When I pass them with my walker topped with groceries, they don't or rarely move over for me so that I can keep on the concrete pathway.   There appears to be no connection with what is going on outside of 'their world.'

On the other hand, I have on odd occasions walked with some more mature girls who will talk to me and are genuinely interested in having a chat.  At the bus stop yesterday I passed a teenage girl with a pram and a pretty young baby girl inside.  I stopped to chat, asking if the school had child-care facilities, and just admiring the baby and being positive with her.  I think she may have been getting ready for a reprimand when she saw me approaching her!!!   "Those oldies are always judging........" kind of thing, but not this one as no one has the right to judge another, we are not walking in their shoes.  She appeared to be quite mature.

The drawbacks of living in a physical world often dictates our thoughts and emotions.  That's quite understandable.  It's difficult to reside in peace if one is hungry, homeless, in debt, sick, or any of the other physical requirements that we feel is conducive to a peaceful life.  I see all of these adversaries as challenges.  Not everyone is in a positiion to see that.  Speaking for mysefl, I've used every adversary as a positive in the way that it teaches me patience, it's also inner-strength building, and the lessons are too numerous to list.  I have found that life will throw many scenarios in my path in order to find a spiritual solution in each, and it has.   Higher-Self will keep throwing these lessons until they are :   investigated at a deeper level and have realized their enormous worth;  let-go of old thinking patterns and reactions;  living my life for who I am and not who 'others' think I should be;  BE my-self ; that was just to name a few reasons.

When residing in peace and enjoying the moment, why do some folks spoil it by trying to find what is missing or why something hasn't happened yet?   The moment is lost once the mind is allowed to get out of control and rule one's life.   Where are we if we aren't living each moment?   Living in the 'what-ifs' department.   That department does not even exist, but the moment does, and what we do with it?  well, that's up to you.

The biggest challenge for anyone in this world is to create a peaceful haven for oneself in a large city.  It is possible to create this space if you take the time to work on it when at home.  I am speaking from living on my own so it's not difficult for me, but the challenge lies there just the same.   Filling our personal space with peaceful activities that feed our soul or makes our heart sing is a good start.  Some folks have their own special meditation rooms with their favourite stones, candles, music, soothing colours, and just spend as much time as they can building up those glorious energies.  Once those energies are created on a regular basis, that energy cocoons you while you go about your daily business.  Your own little portable haven without having to pay others to show you how to find peace, within.  The problem with seeking out others to help you is the method they employ themselves is 'their' way, and I find it's best to always create your own, putting your own unique style into your own unique peace-building creation.  The feeling  will be familiar to you without someone else's energy going into it.

                                                              Namaste  ~  Love  ~  Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment