Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Celebration of Life - Reeta the Budgie Transitions

Dear Friends  ~  there are many animal and nature lovers on this site, so I thought I would share with you all the return to spirit of my last beloved budgie-friend, Reeta, the blue one in the photo with her back to us.

This photo was taken in 2008 after I bought their new cage, a tall Chinese design so that the three of them could fly around and have some fun together.  Mikey on top perch and Gracie below have already returned to Heaven's beautiful gardens.  Reeta left us a few days ago while I was having a computer break, and it was quite sudden.  She was a very happy bird and enjoyed her toys, treat sticks and honey-flowers from the trees.
 
She was very well and approaching 6yrs old, so one day I gave her the opportunity to fly free if she chose to.  My pet-shop bought birds have only ever lived to 6yrs, and even though I don't like seeing birds in cages, these birds are bred for captivity.   I am one for always visiting the Pet Stores, and on several occasions have bought one around Xmas time to give it a home!!!    Yes, I know!!!    The birds don't know it's Xmas, but they are locked up for days in the shops over the Xmas break.  So, that's how I bought the three you see here.
 
I left Reeta's cage door open for about 3hrs one day about a month ago.   She saw it and climbed back up to her favorite top perch.   After 3hrs I figured she didn't want her freedom so closed the door.  I felt good I gave her that choice.  She suddenly became ill a few days ago and in one day, she was gone.  Every one of these birds have blessings in my shrine room when they are sick and after they have passed-away.  I play sacred music for a few hours and light incense.   They know they are loved.





Above is a photo of Ginger on the left and Charlie on the right, in a symbolic pose of farewell to Reeta. They have always been good protectors of the bird cage when they hear a native bird has flown under the pergola and maybe attacking the cage.  They always hear it before I do, and chase the birds away.

 
 Every living thing leaves its mark on this world, no matter what size it is, what species, and if we take any notice of it during our day.  Its presence has made a difference in this world, whether it be the Animal Kingdom, the Nature Kingdom, or Human Beings, to name a few species. 

Just because it has not touched OUR world in any way, it has touched its own individual species within
the environment it lived.  So I celebrate the joy and the many beautiful songs that my little birds have brought me over the years.   Life continues in a higher realm where there are no cages and no predators who prey on smaller species.   I can just imagine how happy they all are...................





N a m a s t e   ~    T a r a

No comments:

Post a Comment