Monday, August 26, 2013

Often It's the "Flow-Over" Effect That is the Culprit!


After half a day of quiet contemplation on the "dynamics" of emotions, I opened up my book by Mark Nepo, The Book of Awakening, and read just two lines on a randomly-opened page.   In less than a minute, it all made sense to me.  He was speaking of the time he received bad news about a close friend, and the emotions that followed within.   After a day of digesting the news and feeling for his friend, he thought he had spent "enough time" in that energy and had moved on.

He went on to say that if you watch the wind blowing a large tree, then the wind stops, the tree keeps moving for awhile.  The same with emotions when we think we have dealt with them, until a situation arises in our day and shows us that the "flow-over" of some deep emotions are not really settled at all.  An example is when we have a bad day at work, take all the time on the drive home to try and get in a better mood before reaching home.   Yes, I feel happy, you think, until someone does or says the simplest thing that would not ordinarily upset you, but brings out a tirade of abuse instead!  The energy of the bad day at work is still within your energy-field, and the shock you just gave yourself is a reminder that emotions don't go away so easily just with wanting them to.

I believe this happens more times than not in everyone's life, and we see it a lot in social networking.
Now, don't jump here........I am not speaking of the downright abuse that goes on in social networking, but
in just day to day issues which can still be lingering on our minds and our energy-field when we login. Every person who reads an article will read it from the emotion they are in, Now.  I can write a blog in the morning and when I check on it later, I can always find faults with some part of it, and I am also reading it from a different angle than earlier in the day. 

When we watch movies, especially sad ones, that can also trigger deep emotions of loss we have suffered in our life.   I would say that loss and grief are the hardest emotions to "assimilate."   Love does not end with death of the body.........we can only learn to carry on our life the best we can, and also, every person has a different coping mechanism.   When I went for grief counseling 8yrs ago, the counselor told me that the grief process lasted about one year!   I looked at him incredulously!    A young man with a young family will learn soon enough about the not-so-nice things he will have to go through.......in time.

Namaste and Light,
Tara.

No comments:

Post a Comment